Bowling Team Season Preview

Matt Christina, Sports Marketing Reporter

Last season, the bowling team finished with a record of 12 wins and 3 losses. They also won the Monmouth County Tournament for the second year in a row, and they were Group IV State Champs. “Although we lost a lot of great seniors last year we are still very talented. We have a great group of athletes that are dedicated and willing to do what is necessary to win,” said first year coach Robert Wagner.

Despite losing some key players, Coach Wagner still expects the team to compete in their division and beyond the regular season. “I am expecting to be very competitive within the Division and Shore Conference this year” Coach Wagner says. With junior Clare Chaffer as one of their star bowlers, Wagner can expect a great bowling team.

With this being Coach Wagner’s first year as the head coach, he expects a lot from this year’s bowling team. “If we can come together as a new program and compete hard, with the desire to win that would be a huge success to me,” Coach Wagner says. This shows Wagner’s readiness for the season.

Even though he is eager to see his team win, he says “What is most important to me is integrity”. Coach Wagner expects his team to not only to be good bowlers, but also good students and people.

Other than winning and having integrity, Coach Wagner is expecting even more from his bowlers. He says, “We have a great group of personalities on this team I am expecting to have a lot of fun coaching them”. He enjoys being around his team and is excited about the start of the season. Come out and support your classmates this season!