Logan Feldman

Logan+Feldman

Brianna Pacailler, Staff Writer

Logan Feldman, a senior here at FTHS was named our May/June Student of the Month. Nominated by Mrs. LaPlaga, Logan was awarded student of the month in recognition of her leadership, dedication and initiative with planning this year’s Dance FTK. Thanks to Logan, this year’s Dance FTK was record breaking and had raised over $22,000 for the kids! Congratulations to Logan and good luck to her as she advances beyond high school!

Here’s a look at my exclusive interview with Logan:

Good  Morning!

– Good Morning.

So, how would you describe your initial response to hearing your name on the announcements? 

– I would say that I was very surprised and I felt honored that I was awarded student of the month because I feel like I’ve worked very hard. It was definitely like all my hard work paid off .

Why do you believe that you were nominated and chosen for this award?

– I think that throughout my time at Dance FTK, I put a lot of work into it – like the planning and the execution of it. This year was its best one yet due to how we raised the most money we ever had before. So I think that all the hard work definitely paid off for that.

What are some of your personal responsibilities as a member of Dance FTK? Do you have a specific leadership role?

My role is the executive director.  I do this alongside my brother [Grant] who is a sophomore here. As I am leaving this year, he’s going to take on the role since he’s going to have to be the leader by himself next year. Originally, I had gotten involved in Dance FTK because of my older sister.  She started this when she was at Township and then I took it on with her. Now my brother will keep the legacy of Dance FTK continuing for both of us!

Besides your commitment to Dance FTK, what other activities are you involved in here at FTHS and beyond?

– I’ve been involved in BOTC, student government, field hockey in my underclassman years, and I am in project Lundy. There’s also a variety of other clubs that I’m also involved in that I’m also very passionate about here at Township. 

It’s so great to hear about your dedication and commitment to both inside and outside of school! To continue, what would you say is the overall motive that made you join?

– Since I was younger, I’ve always learned the importance of giving back. I’ve always been involved in fundraising throughout my entire life because my parents are very involved themselves. Once I got to high school, I knew that I would obviously want to still continue doing something where I would be fun raising money, and this was definitely the biggest thing for me to get involved in, especially after I saw all that my sister had done.

Has being a part of Dance FTK shaped you or given you new skills of any sort?

– I feel like I gained most of my leadership skills from Dance FTK because I would run the event once it actually started. But besides that, behind the scenes, I was doing so much planning and trying to get different donations. So overall, there was so much going on behind the scenes that nobody really got to see. I put a lot of hard work into it and I felt like it definitely added onto my character as well as who I am as a leader.

What advice would you give to a new student entering the building later this year?

– The best advice I can give is to get involved. I can’t even stress that enough! I got involved in so much when I was a freshman and I’ve loved every single second that I was at Township. I can’t believe that I’m going to be leaving ,so the best thing that you should do is just get involved because the time really flies by fast. Make the most of it.

To conclude, is there anything you would like to add or say to your fellow students and staff?

– Once again just make the most of your time here because I really think that high school so far has been some of the best 4 years of my life. I’m so excited to go off to college, but definitely keep making the most of your time – it will fly by!

Here’s what Ms. LaPlaga, Dance FTK’s faculty advisor, had to say about Logan:

Logan carried the torch for Dance FTK, an event started by her sister, and brought it to new heights each year. This year, FTHS raised over $22,000 for the Embrace Kids Foundation with Logan leading the way. Logan’s selflessness is always on display and she works tirelessly to ensure that Dance FTK is a successful event each year.