Shane Meisner

Brianna Pacailler, Staff Writer

Shane Meisner is a Junior here at FTHS. He was awarded as the February Club Student of the Month in honor of his leadership, dedication, and initiative as a member of the Junior Statesmen of America (JSA). Alongside his commitment to JSA, Shane is also very active in Township events such as BOTC, football games, and other school spirit related activities. Congratulations to our February Club Student of the Month

Here’s a look at my exclusive interview with Shane:

Good Morning!

– Good Morning

Before we begin with questions, congratulations on being recognized as February Student of the Month!

– Thank you!

So, how would you describe your initial response to hearing your name on the announcements?

– My initial response was definitely pure shock. Originally I didn’t know what it was but I just heard Shane Meisner and I was like oh that’s really cool. 

Why do you believe that you were nominated and chosen for this award?

– I think I was nominated because I’ve been a very dedicated member of this club. I value going to the meetings. I went on the school trip for it and I’ve been, you know, locked in, doing what I need to do for the club. So yeah, I think that’s why I got nominated and chosen.

What are some of your personal responsibilities as a member of this club? Do you have a specific leadership role?

– I have no actual major roles, I’m just a member. Therefore I just have fun and do what needs to be done.

Besides your commitment to JSA, what other activities are you involved in here at FTHS and beyond?

– Within the school I don’t do too much other than JSA, and just make the school a good environment for society. Outside of that, I work at a Shivers ice cream shop on Route 9 in Aldridge Plaza and I lift at the gym.

It’s so great to hear about your dedication and commitment to both inside and outside of school! To continue, what would you say is the overall motive that made you join JSA?

– It seemed like a fun club; that’s why I joined. It’s fun debating with people especially, when it’s not that serious, so I really enjoy it. It’s a fun club and a good time.

Has being a part of JSA shaped you or given you new skills of any sort?

– It definitely helped boost my already decent enough public speaking and lack of embarrassment in front of literally anyone. It honestly helped me hone my debating skills and really my on-the-spot thinking so it’s a very good skill I gained.

What advice would you give to a new student entering the building later this year?

– I would say just to find your crowd you know and just be yourself. It’s very hard to be someone you’re not but it’s really important to stick to being yourself and what you believe in. Find people who have similar views as you, and appreciate you for who you are. Also, join JSA, it’s really fun. 

To conclude, is there anything you would like to add or say to your fellow students and staff?

– I would just say I know to be kinder, be a good person and vote for Shane Meisner 2024 BOTC to run it back. I missed it this year. We’ll make it this year.

Thank you so much Shane for meeting with me and congratulations again!

– Thank you

Here is what the advisors Ms. Krause and Ms. Costa, the JSA Advisors, had to say about Shane:

“Shane went above and beyond throughout our trip to Winter Congress in Washington D.C. He consistently helped out his peers throughout the convention and assisted the advisors with check-ins, making sure the group was ready to go at all times.  His performance during the event was also remarkable as he was in the running for “best speaker” this weekend. Thanks, Shane, for dedicating yourself to JSA and taking the initiative to help us!”