Danielle Panton

Danielle Panton is a junior attending FTHS. She is an active member in the club entitled Future is Female at FTHS. Danielle is a very involved student who thrives with her communication skills with other club members. Thanks to her dedication and commitment as co-founder of this club, she has been awarded student of the month. 

Read the full interview below:

Brianna Pacailler: What are some of your responsibilities as co-founder of this club? 

Danielle Panton: As co-founder of The Future is Female my main responsibility is to help the women in New Jersey as best I can. My role is to organize events such as drives and fundraisers in which I would contact organizations and partner with them to give back. Additionally, we work with the members in our club to get the events moving and send them flyers that they promote to spread the word.

BP: What is the main message behind Future is Female? 

DP: The main message behind this club is to advocate for women all over, specifically starting with women in New Jersey. Our mission is to make an impact in some way on their lives.

BP: What initially inspired you to join this club?

DP: Initially my partner, Kayla Martins,  and I wanted to find ways to give back to our community. 

We wanted to think of something we were passionate about and immediately thought of the injustices and difficulties women face. We wanted to work on helping in any way we could and that is what sparked The Future is Female.

BP: Any advice for future students entering the building? 

DP: My personal advice to students entering the building would be to take their aspirations and passions and build them into something. By taking my passion I was able to create this club with someone who shared those passions with me, and now we can both give back to the community.

BP: What were your initial thoughts on being student of the month? 

DP: When realizing I was given student of the month I was so grateful and shocked! Mrs. Keegan has been an amazing help to the club and the mission we have been trying to achieve and I am forever grateful for her contributions to the club and to women everywhere. She inspires us to do the best we can and is the sole example of what the future holds for women all over, joy and success!