Mr. FTHS a Memorable Night for All

Hailey Ruderman, Senior Editor

On February 15th, the boys in the class of 2017 got to show off their beauty pageant skills in Mr. FTHS. Seniors, Kelly Anderson, Noelle Costagliola, Grace Ganz, Nina Mojares, Eva Poleschuk, John Ross, Skyla Valoroso, and Sydney Wisdom were the fabulous hosts of the night; Mr. Herbert, Ms. English, and Ms. LaPlaga were the judges and Mr. Mehl was the DJ. This night would not be the same without the senior class advisors: Ms. Hay and Ms. Mason.

[wpdevart_youtube]Zv32wkDabDA[/wpdevart_youtube]

At promptly 6:30, the 29 contestants walked out on stage to perform their opening dance. The boys worked hard with the dance coaches, Danielle Mella, Cori Fuimara, Lauren Legregin, and Raquel Cohen to perfect this dance.

Here are some memorable moments throughout the night:

After the dance, Eva and Sydney introduced the boys to the audience. The contestants were: Michael Colicchia, Christian Elimanco, Zach Junge, Garrett Lepardo, Matt Lowe, Sean O’Donnell, Mike Sanseverino, Ryan Alexander, Andrew DiBella, Gabe Goldsmith, Justin Gordon, Matt Grieco, Anthony Lotti, Max Saunders, Phil Alanya, Juvenal Arellano- Santana, Liam Caro, Chris Grushko, Joe Hoover, Serge Jean- Charles, Jonathon O’Brien, Shawn Poole, Marc Cohen, Tyler Downes, Drew Dunn, Tyrique Hall, Pablo Loza, Mike Martino, and Charles Sabbagh.

The next segment was swimwear. Liam Caro and Chris Grushko wattled across the stage showing that they are always safe in the pool and the ocean with their floaties while Tyrique helped Drew find his phone in the sand with a metal detector.

The judges then had a “surprise” interview where they were asked their opinions on who they thought was a good fit for Mr. FTHS.

Up next was the talent competition. The boys were split into four groups. Marc Cohen, Tyler Downes, Drew Dunn, Tyrique Hall, Mike Martino, Chuck Sabbagh and Pablo Loza made a lasting impression on the audience due to their cheer stunt which involved Drew being the flier, and then Tyrique landing a perfect back tuck.

Formal wear was next after a short intermission where a video edited by Kelly Anderson and Christian Elimanco was shared. “The couple of the year” Andrew DiBella and Michelle Confusione walked across the stage with ease as Matt Grieco and Christina McCool made a whole scene. They pulled out a red carpet and Christina took pictures of Matt has he posed. Mike Martino and Kelly Anderson made a statement with Mike’s American flag suit, giant American flag and Kelly’s fabulous bright red dress/

As the show was coming to an end, there was one segment left: the final questions. All of these questions related to something that involved their love for FTHS and the students and staff. Gabe Goldsmith said he would relate to Mr. DiGiuseppe the most because he looks like a man, but is still a kid at heart and Tyrique Hall said his favorite teacher was Mr. Orlinsky because he gives the best life lessons.

And the results are:

Mr. Congeniality: Tyrique Hall

1st Runner Up: Matt Lowe

Mr. FTHS: Anthony Lotti

Great job to those that competed and congrats to the winners!

The Patriot Press got a chance to ask a few questions to the 1st runner up and Mr. FTHS after the show.

Matt Lowe was awarded 1st runner up

PP: “How did it feel to compete in Mr. FTHS?”

Matt Lowe: “It was awesome. It was a lot of hard work and dedication but in the end it was all worth it.”

PP: “How do you feel knowing you’re now Mr. FTHS?”

Anthony Lotti: “Honestly I feel like everyone deserved to win. They’re all amazing guys and it’s been such an incredible experience.”

PP: “Is there anything else you would like to say?”
AL: “I would like to thank the whole senior class and the event was very fun.”