Meet the Sophomore BotC Team

Sophomores

Hailey Ruderman

Sophomores

Lindsey Golotko, Senior Editor

With November coming to a close and the holiday season quickly approaching, Township  students are getting ready for one of the biggest events of the year: Battle of the Classes {BOTC}. BOTC is an occasion unmatched by any other in the school. The day is filled with costumes, games, and dances performed by 14 students from their respective grade. This year there is some tough competition between the freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors.

While BOTC is normally dominated by the upperclassmen, the sophomores are looking to make a statement this year and truly win it all. The sophomores on BOTC are Haley Cuozzo, Deanna D’Amico, Gillian Gandolfo, Danielle Gubitosa, Alessia LaRosa, Alex Simon, Jen Weinstock, Mikey Woods, Alex Janssen, Zach Simon, Nick Elimanco, Greg Solla, Chris Orrico, and Evan Nasty.They are constantly practicing and working to make their dances and strategies better. Luckily, six members of this BOTC team, Nick Elimanco, Greg Solla, Gillian Gandolfo, Danielle Gubitosa, Chris Orrico, and Alex Simon, were able to take time out of practice in order to answer some questions about their experience with BOTC.

How many years have you all been on BOTC?

Nick Elimanco: 1 year

Greg Solla: 2 years
Gillian Gandolfo: 2 years
Danielle Gubitosa: 1 year
Chris Orrico: 2 years
Alex Simon: 1 year

What is your favorite BOTC activity and why?

Nick Elimanco: Chicken in the hen house because it is different and competitive and fun

Greg Solla:The team dances because they are really entertaining and can be good if teams work together well
Gillian Gandolfo:Lip sync because you get to practice and prepare with your team leading up to it
Danielle Gubitosa:Flipping around I don’t do a lot of the events
Chris Orrico:Practicing the dance because as much as we fight making it, we all bond during the process.
Alex Simon:My favorite activity is the dance, because even though it might be stressful, in the end it is a lot of fun and you learn many new things throughout the experience  .

What is your favorite memory from BOTC/ What are you looking forward to most?

Nick Elimanco: My favorite memory was this one time when I was being really odd one practice. I wasn’t actually acting odd I was just being me and in that moment I realized that I became comfortable around all these people and I made a bunch of new friends without realizing it.
I am looking forward to making a fool of myself in front of the whole school

Greg Solla:My favorite memory is practices because everyone hanging out together is always fun when we make the dances.
Gillian Gandolfo:Favorite memory was dancing to “sweet caroline” last year and getting our entire freshmen bleachers to do the dance along with us.

Danielle Gubitosa: I’m fooking forward to crushing the juniors

Chris Orrico:Balloon challenge freshmen year/ beating the juniors this year
Alex Simon:I am looking forward to representing my grade and embarrassing myself and having fun at the same time

What made you want to be apart of BOTC?

Nick Elimanco: I just like putting myself out there and thought I would be a worthy individual to rep the sophomores.

Greg Solla:It looked like a lot of fun and you get a chance to shake it in front of the school so why not
Gillian Gandolfo:My brother was also on it and going to it before I came into high school and it made me realized how much fun it is
Danielle Gubitosa: Skill it on the dance floor
Chris Orrico: I wanted to represent my grade and be a part of this awesome team I knew would be created.
Alex Simon: I did not get in last year, and it was so much fun watching  and it made me want to try out again.

How did it feel when you were chosen to be apart of BOTC?

Nick Elimanco: I honestly didn’t believe it, I didn’t think I would get votes

Greg Solla: I felt good cause all of my classmate and friends were the ones to vote me in which means a lot
Gillian Gandolfo: I was very excited because I knew that our team was gonna be very good this year
Danielle Gubitosa: Surprised and excited I knew this year we had a solid team
Chris Orrico: I felt honored and wanted to repay my peers for the balloon challenge last year
Alex Simon:I was very surprised and happy because I thought there were many people that were gonna get voted in over me

Will you try again next year?

Nick Elimanco: Of course

Greg Solla: Yes, I will definitely be back next year
Gillian Gandolfo: Yes
Danielle Gubitosa: Yes
Chris Orrico: Of course
Alex Simon: 100 percent