The Unwritten Rules of Freehold Township

Hailey Ruderman, Editor

1. PLEASE learn how to walk in the hallways. All of the intersecting hallways, most importantly b hall, need to not be over crowded. Multiple people are late to class everyday because of these stupid things that people do in the halls. If you stop short in the middle of the hallway, or walk slow, chances are everyone hates you. Walk through the hallway, on the right side may I add, with a fast pace like you have been doing for years.
  2. dqozmwvDon’t hang around your homeroom like you’re waiting for the next iPhone release. The reason why administrators give us the 30 minutes before school starts is for hanging out with your friends, doing homework, talking with your teachers, or for a club meeting. Hanging out in your homeroom just makes you look lonely and bored.
  3. Try not to wear your middle school apparel to school. Everyone understands that you came from middle school, but listen, you’re in high school now and that school is a thing of the past. Feel free to use the apparel as gym clothes though.
  4. No PDA (public display of affection) in the hallways. We get it, you are very happy in your relationship and you love your boyfriend/girlfriend. High schoolers do not want to see couples hugging, cuddling or kissing in the hallways. No one wants to hear “Please send maintenance down to c hall for a special cleanup,” all because someone saw a couple making out: it’s gross.
  5. Join as many club as possible. Clubs may not be the “cool thing” to do, but trust me, it’s worth it. Colleges love it, you can meet new friends, and you may even find something you want to do for the rest of your life (I may or may be not talking about the writer of this article). JOIN PATRIOT PRESS #patpressislife
  6. There is an upperclassmen section of the cafeteria for a reason. Don’t sit there if you’re not one of them. We want to be able to sit in our own section and not be annoyed by the wandering freshmen looking for a table.
  7. Do not act like you rule the school. Everyone has their own clique, or maybe even multiple, but please don’t think you run everything, because you don’t; that’s Mrs. Higley’s job. Just be yourself, that’s how you will get through high school.
  8. It may not seem like it, but there is someone and something for everyone. Try to make high school some unforgettable (in a good way) 4 years.