Coach Golub Wins 300 Game

Coach Golub Wins 300 Game

Samantha Donlon, Staff Writer

The esteemed students and staff of Freehold Township are constantly making history and receiving well deserved accomplishments. On February 2nd, Mr. Golub, the dedicated
head coach of the boy’s basketball team, earned his 300th win in his time coaching at Township.

Mr. Golub has been an active coach of the team for 25 seasons. He was a volunteer coach for his first year, an assistant coach for 3 years and a devoted head coach for 21 seasons.

Mr. Golub was very modest about his 300th win, saying that it was both “immediate gratification and a relief.” He has said the 300th win hanging over his head has been distracting; however, he commented, “it’s something I’ll definitely reflect upon after the season, and I’ll probably think about it a little bit, take it all in and enjoy it.”

He remains focused on the team “having a successful state tournament run again,” and he is proud to have made it to the A North championship again this year.

While Mr. Golub may have been modest, his team is very proud of all he has accomplished. Senior and team captain Nick Facendo said of his coach that he is “an extraordinary homo sapien. He accentuates hard work and togetherness not just on the court but in life.” He even said of Mr. Golub, “he was the best coach I’ve ever had.”

It’s clear that the impact Mr. Golub has had on his team is a positive one and he is a coach well deserving of an accomplishment as great as a 300th win.