Shawn Mendes Surprises Fans with New Album

Erica Singh, Staff Writer

Former viner Shawn Mendes, released his debut album Handwritten on April 14, 2015. Before the album, he released his first single “Life of The Party” on June 30, 2014. After his release of the single, he then released two other singles, “Something Big” (November 7, 2014) and “Stitches: (May 5, 2015) which is still well known on the radio.

Last week, Shawn surprised his fans with an upbeat single called “I Know What You Did Last Summer,” featuring Fifth Harmony’s Camila Cabello. This song is somewhat a break up song; it is based around the idea of cheating on your partner.

Three days after that, he released his album Handwritten (Revisited) with most of his songs from his first album. Shawn also added a few new songs such as “Running Low,” “Memories,” and “Act Like You Love Me.” Most of the songs from the previous album were recorded live.

The album includes some energetic tracks such as “Strings (Live),” Something Big,” “I Don’t Even Know Your Name (Live),” “I Know What You Did Last Summer,” “Air,” “Kid In Love (Live),” and “Life of The Party.”

The album also has mostly slow tracks such as “Aftertaste (Live),” “Never Be Alone,” “A Little Too Much (Live),” “Memories,” “Running Low,” “Act Like You Love Me,” “Crazy,” “This Is What It Takes.”

Sophomore Bianca Hazel really enjoyed Shawn Mendes’ new album and decided to add in her own opinion. She states, “Shawn Mendes’ new album highly portrays his true teenage nature in various songs such as ‘Stitches’ and ‘Kid in Love.’”

Even though this album wasn’t the biggest album in the history, Shawn Mendes is growing rapidly with his good looks and talented voice, and will soon be number one in many places.