Mojares Crowned Miss Monmouth County Outstanding Teen 2016

FTHS student Nina Mojares is crowned Miss Monmouth County Outstanding Teen 2016

Jonny Kandell, Staff Writer

Nina Mojares, one of FTHS’ most talented students on the drama stage, has proven her stardom once again in the Miss Monmouth County Outstanding Teen Pageant of 2016. After winning the coveted crown, Nina is proud to share her story.

Q: So Nina, give me an idea of what the contest was all about.

A: Basically, the pageant was for the Miss America Outstanding Teen Organization. This organization is the “sister” pageant of Miss America. Young girls across the country compete for the local title, then compete for their state title… Whoever wins the state title competes for the national title. Since I won my local title, I will be competing for the Miss New Jersey Outstanding Teen title in January. If I win that, I will compete in August for Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2016.

Q: And what prompted you to join such a competition?

A: What prompted me to join this organization was because it celebrates scholastic achievement, talent, and community service. I am really passionate about using my time and talents to help others in my community. The winners of these pageants receive scholarship money that helps them in obtaining a good education. I want to use my voice in reaching out to young girls and inspire them to use their time and talents to help others as well.

Q: Everybody knows you’re a born performer, stealing the show in every musical and play you star in. What aspects from FTHS drama helped you reach your new title?

A: First of all, the FTHS Patriot Players is a club that made me feel more comfortable on stage. Performing is something I love to do and the drama club and its productions make me more confident while performing. Also, the people in the club are always so happy and are so talented. Being around that group always makes me happy.

Q: What’s next for 2016’s Miss Monmouth County’s Outstanding Teen, Nina Mojares?IMG_3470

A: As Miss Monmouth County’s Outstanding Teen 2016, I want to be a great representative of my home county in the state pageant in January. I’m so excited to what this year will bring! I’m looking forward to performing for different fundraisers and charity events across the Monmouth County community as well.

Q: What advice would you give the girls reading this who hope to one day be the Miss Monmouth County Outstanding Teen?

A: Being Miss Monmouth County’s Outstanding Teen is just one step closer to becoming Miss America’s Outstanding Teen. It’s a wonderful outlet to give to others and use your personal platform to work towards your future education. All of the young women in this organization are intelligent, confident and ambassadors of good will. To girls who aspire to becoming Miss Monmouth County’s Outstanding Teen, it’s definitely possible if you have a positive mindset and a passion to make a difference in your community!

Nina can be followed on twitter @ninamojares. Root for her in the Miss New Jersey Outstanding Teen 2016 competition in January!