Polls

Best before-school coffee spot?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Listen Up! 5 Songs to Get You Through the Week Vol. 3 Article 2

Hey everyone! Listen Up! returns with five songs to help you get through the week with a smile. The songs I’ve picked today are a great mix of happy/upbeat songs, and slower songs with a chill vibe. I hope you enjoy this edition Listen Up!

Monday: “Music For a Sushi Restaurant” by Harry Styles (2022)

This song is definitely quirky and different, but it’s awesome. While I’m not a huge fan of Harry Styles’ music, I can’t deny that this is catchy and puts me in a good mood. The beat is fun, the vocals are great, and it’s awesome to dance to. This is a great choice when you need a mood boost!

Tuesday: “When I Come Around” by Green Day (1994)

This song is one of my personal favorites. I love the vocals, the drumming, the bass and guitar. It has such a great guitar riff, and Tre Cool’s drumming in the chorus really ties it all together. This song definitely is a great, pop – punk tune from the 90’s to help get you through the beginning of the week.

Wednesday: “Until I Found You” by Stephen Sanchez (2022)

Compared to Monday and Tuesday’s songs, this song is more chill and slow. The smooth vocals and soft sound make it easy to relax to, and it’s a great song to unwind to during the middle of the week. 

Thursday: “Black”  by Pearl Jam (1991)

This is a slower, sadder song with powerful vocals. Eddie Vedder’s vocals in this song are really my favorite thing about this song. Each line is powerful and meaningful. I personally love Pearl Jam and this song really showcases their musical talent and Eddie Vedder’s vocal talent, as well as raw power of the grunge era.

Friday: “Fast Car” by Luke Combs (2023)

I am not a fan of country music, but even I have to admit this song is a great cover. Originally released by Tracy Chapman in 1988, Luke Combs covered it and did a great job by adding powerful vocals and just a little country “twang” to the lines. This song is a great choice as you end your week!