Listen Up! 5 Songs to Get You Through the Week Vol. 3 Article 1

Hi everyone! For those of you who don’t know, my older brother John ran a column called Listen Up! He would talk about five songs and why he recommenced them. I, his younger sister, am bringing the column back. For our first article, it’s going to be co-written by me and John, but I will be taking it over after this. Enjoy!

Monday: “Don’t Look Back in Anger”  by Oasis (1995)

I personally love this song, and it’s a great one to sing along to. Its guitar riff, drumming, and vocals are all perfect features of the song and this a great tune to start your Monday morning off right.

Tuesday: “Out of the Woods” by Taylor Swift (2014)

This a great, upbeat song by one of the biggest music artists right now. This song is dedicated to

my sister, who loves Taylor Swift and loves listening to her music and all her albums/songs. This song is off one of my favorite albums by Taylor Swift, 1989. Its catchy chorus and upbeat pop tune makes it a fun one to listen to and sing along to.

Wednesday: “Say it Ain’t So”  by Weezer (1994)

Say it Ain’t So” is simply iconic. The song’s signature guitar intro as well as power-chord filled chorus give it a hook that is hard to forget. The contrast between the heavy parts of the song and the “laid back” parts are very intriguing. Plus, everyone knows that real cool kids listen to Weezer.

Thursday: “Calm Down” by Rema & Selena Gomez (2022)

The first time I heard this song was on the radio, in the car during the summer. We were driving to the beach, and this song was perfectly chill. It also gets moving and makes you smile. Whenever you need a moment to just chill and relax, put on this song.

Friday: “Great Expectations” by The Gaslight Anthem (2008)

The Gaslight Anthem are one of my favorite bands. Homegrown here in New Jersey, this song was the lead track of the 2008 album The ’59 Sound. This song is a straight-ahead rock n’ roll masterpiece that is catchy, fun, and yet emotional at the same time.