Polls

Best before-school coffee spot?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Sam Fung’s Week 12 NFL POTW

Things are starting to heat up. Playoff pictures on both sides are getting tighter. Several teams are in the process of capsizing their seasons and others are making a push to steer themselves toward the playoffs. The key contributors for each team will be highlighted in this week’s POTW.

Jordan Love

Our first POTW put together his best game of the season in a Thanksgiving road win against Detroit. Jordan Love passed for 268 yards, and 3 touchdowns, staying interception-free as he led the Packers to their second win in a row, a 29-22 victory over the Lions. Love’s performance and the Packers’ W moved them within touching distance of the last playoff spot in the NFC.

DaRon Bland

I know. Dak Prescott passed for 4 touchdowns, and he would’ve been a POTW any other week. However, when a guy breaks an NFL record that has stood since 1972 and was tied only once in 1993, it cannot be ignored. DaRon Bland intercepted the Commanders’ Sam Howell in the fourth quarter and returned it for a touchdown, his fifth of the year. Bland is the first player to return five interceptions for a touchdown in a single season, with this most recent one being the best pick-six of the bunch. The return was the final touchdown in a dominant 45-10 Cowboys win.

Christian McCaffrey

CMC put in quite the shift in Seattle. On 24 total touches, McCaffrey notched 114 rushing and 25 receiving yards and two total touchdowns as the 49ers slaughtered the Seahawks 31-13 and strengthened their hold on the NFC West.

Jevon Holland

Despite the greatness it carried, DaRon Bland’s pick-six may not have been the best of the week. That honor goes to Jevon Holland. Holland intercepted a desperation pass at the end of the first half from the Jets’ Tim Boyle and returned it 99 yards for an improbable touchdown. Along with five tackles and a pass breakup, Holland put on a good show as the Dolphins won 34-13 at MetLife on Black Friday.

Josh Allen (Jags)

Josh Allen has been producing in bulk for Jacksonville. When his team needed him against a high-flying Texans squad he stepped up, posting 2.5 sacks and 4 total QB hits on CJ Stroud. Every single yard proved crucial, with the Jags winning 24-21 after a late game-tying field goal attempt from Houston hit the crossbar and spun haywire.

Pat Freiermuth

Sunday marked a triumphant return for Steelers TE Pat Freiermuth. He benefited the most from the team’s recent switch in offensive coordinator, as he hauled in 9 passes for 120 yards en route to the Steelers’ 16-10 away win over the Bengals.

Jonathan Taylor

The Colts have staked their claim as an outside playoff contender thanks to their 27-20 win against the Bucs. Jonathan Taylor was a crucial factor, rushing for 91 yards and scoring two touchdowns, one of which ultimately put the game out of reach for Tampa.

Jalin Hyatt

Jalin Hyatt was arguably the most important offensive player for the Giants, with 5 receptions for 109 yards. Hyatt put up the best game of his young career as the Giants squeaked a 10-7 win at home against the now 2-9 New England Patriots.

Bijan Robinson

Bijan Robinson had yet another big game for the Falcons. Robinson ran for 91 yards and a touchdown, tacking on another touchdown through the air. He totaled 125 yards on 21 touches as the Falcons held off the Saints 21-15 to take first place in the NFC South.

Denico Autry

The Titans’ defense stepped up big time in a 17-10 win over the Panthers. It was highlighted by Denico Autry, who posted 2 sacks and 3 tackles for loss as Tennessee snapped their 3-game losing streak.

Nik Bonitto

A huge part of the Denver Broncos’ standout defensive performance against the Cleveland Browns was linebacker Nik Bonitto. Bonitto posted 1.5 sacks and wound up forcing a late safety, teaming with Zach Allen for a sack in the end zone that made the score 29-12.

Kyren Williams

The return of Kyren Williams was quite a triumphant one. He almost single-handedly carried the Rams’ offense, rushing for 143 yards and gaining 61 yards through the air, with two touchdowns. The Rams beat the Cardinals 37-14 and cemented themselves as Wild Card contenders in the NFC.

Jalen Hurts

Down 10 points after a sluggish first half, Jalen Hurts led one of the best second halves of the year by any team. Hurts passed for three touchdowns and ran for two more, including the game-winner in overtime as the Eagles downed the Bills 37-34 and became the first team to hit ten wins this season.

Rashee Rice

Down 14-0, the Chiefs needed a major spark if they wanted to beat the Raiders and remain in contention for the AFC’s number-one seed. Rashee Rice provided that spark, hauling in 8 passes for 107 yards and a touchdown as the Chiefs completed the turnaround in Vegas, winning 31-17.

Zay Flowers

The rookie wideout on the Ravens asserted himself as one of the year’s best rookies. Zay Flowers caught a touchdown pass in the first half and then scored a long rushing touchdown in the fourth quarter as the Ravens scraped their way past the Chargers 20-10, assuring Baltimore would have the number one seed going into their bye.

DJ Moore

The Bears ultimately needed one guy to turn up on offense during their Monday Night slugfest in Minneapolis. DJ Moore proved to be that guy, as he caught 11 passes for 114 yards, the last of which was a 36-yard catch-and-run to set up a potential game-winning field goal. Cairo Santos made the kick, his fourth make of the night, and edged past the Vikings 12-10 on the road.