2023 World Series Recap

The 2023 MLB season has come to a close. The World Series ended in five games. Let’s take a look at what happened.

Game 1, the start of the World Series, ended in a final score was 6-5, with the Rangers edging out the Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks routed the Rangers in game 2 with a score of 9-1. The series was tied as the teams leave Texas and head to Arizona.

Game 3 was a pivotal turning point in the series. The Rangers took the series lead 2-1 with a win 3-1. In game 4, it was an offensive showcase, but the Rangers put up more runs than the D-Backs and it ended with a score of 11-7. Game 5, the Rangers shutout Arizona 5-0 to win the series. Nathan Eovaldi was once again dazzling, and Marcus Semien solidified the Texas lead with a two run homer in the top of the 9th. Josh Sborz shut the door in the bottom of the 9th as Texas stormed the field in celebration. 

This was the first World Series victory in franchise history for the Rangers, and it concludes the 2023 season. For fellow baseball fans, we can see our teams begin spring training in late February of next year, with the real season starting in late March.