Fiona Krkuti

Emily Landolfi, Staff Writer

Fiona Krkuti, a senior at FTHS, was crowned Queen at our Homecoming Game this past Friday. An exemplary student and heavily involved within the school community, Fiona’s made an enormous impact throughout the past four years. Not only is she a member of numerous activities and possesses a leadership position in most of them, but her optimistic attitude and welcoming aura also stand her out from the rest and make her the perfect fit for such an honor! I had the pleasure of interviewing Fiona minutes after the announcement where we discussed her reaction to becoming high school royalty and her influence on Patriot Nation. Read the full transcript below:

First of all, congratulations! How do you feel being named Homecoming Queen?

– It feels really good! Freshman year, I didn’t have many friends here so it’s a full-circle moment.

Why do you think you were a nominee for the Court?

– I am in a lot of clubs and got really involved here in Township, so I’m guessing it was one of my club advisors who nominated me. I’m extremely passionate about this school, as I’m in SGA [Student Government Association] and all other extracurriculars.

Fiona Krkuti and Jake Nastarowicz on their golf cart parade around the track.

What was your initial reaction when you were crowned?

– Well, I had no clue because they announced it as we were going on the golf cart but then when everyone said I won, I was so excited. It was just a nice moment and I enjoyed being chauffeured.

What was the atmosphere like at the game?

– Really intense. There is a very close game right now and a lot of nerves, especially for King and Queen and whether we will win the game. It’s a lot of fun!

Is there a lot of Patriot Pride?

– Oh, absolutely! Everyone is decked out in blue and it’s awesome.

You planned a lot of it, so what was your favorite part of Homecoming Week?

– Definitely Spirit Week. There was so much participation which made all of the SGA Officers, including you, so happy. It was cool to see everybody so passionate about their school.

What was your favorite Spirit Day?

– By far, Adam Sandler Day. It was the funnest and was totally in my element.

Lastly, do you have anything you’d like to say to your peers as a representative of the Class of 2023?

– Thank you for voting for me, I really appreciate it. I am so happy about Senior Year because we are all so close!