Andrew Parisi

Emily Landolfi, Staff Writer

Andrew Parisi, a 2023 senior, displays all of the necessary characteristics to be a leader, particularly evident in his role as Patriot Productions’ Co-President. Spreading positivity, boosting morale, and remaining wholeheartedly dedicated to his craft are just a few of the various qualities that he possesses, utilizing them to create a loving environment on and off the stage. I had the lovely opportunity to sit down with Andrew and discuss what motivated him to take on a major leadership position, his love for theater, and his future prospects. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

What is your position in Patriot Productions?

– I got elected this year for President of ITS [International Thespian Society] and now I’m co-President with you, Emily. We do a lot of work behind the scenes like scheduling our ITS Executive Board meetings, looking at potential fundraisers for the show, making sure the show is running smoothly, planning events outside the school for the club, and ensuring everyone is on track doing what they are supposed to be doing on and off the stage. 

What made you want to be President? 

– The idea started freshman year when I realized that drama was going to be such a big part of my life and that I wanted to really commit to it every single year. Then it hit me how many close friends and second-family members I made in the club, which made me realize “I want to lead these people. I want to be the one to bring these people to the next step. I want to watch over them and be a role model to the other students in the club.”

When did your love for the performing arts start? 

– It started in 6th grade, if we are going all the way back, when my father forced me to audition because I had no other extracurriculars or hobbies. He said, “Just do it! Give it a shot,” and so I did that and I got into the musical. It was my first ever show and I had such a fun time that I stuck with it from 6th, 7th, to 8th grade and into high school.  

How would you describe the Patriot Productions community?

– It’s cliche saying it but it is a second family. We are all really close because we spend so much time together after school doing rehearsals, especially during tech week. I know everybody as if I’ve known them my whole life, like some of them I may have met last year but I feel like they’ve been my brothers and sisters since I was a kid. 

That’s so cute! Do you plan on pursuing theater in the future or performing in college?

– I’m definitely pursuing theater in college and getting involved in the drama program there. If you’re asking me if I’m going to go for it as a major, unfortunately I don’t think I am. I really want to get involved in drama and still perform in, for example, community theater outside of college. I’m definitely going to stick with it.

Focusing more on the leadership position, what skills or lessons have you learned and how will you utilize them in the future?

– I’ve learned there is a lot more to it than I initially thought. I knew there were a couple things I had to do as President but there were other things I definitely needed to be on top of. For example, making sure that people are actually behaved and focused on stage and that we are always on task. Every now and then I have to redirect focus back to whatever we are doing, making sure it’s all neat and tidy. Similarly, making sure people have rides home to and from rehearsal. Little things like that. I’m definitely going to carry the things I’ve learned so far throughout the rest of the year and into college, just being an overall role model. It goes back to that golden rule: treat others the way you want to be treated.

What is your favorite snack to eat during rehearsal?

– Definitely has to go to a Pop-Tart. Starting Freshman year, I’d go to the vending machines and get a s’mores Pop-Tart. It has to be s’mores and I will eat that thing before and during rehearsals. 

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

– Honestly, I kind of want to see what New York City is all about.

Final Question: If you could describe Patriot Productions in three words, what would they be?

– Hard work, dedication, and a ton of fun!

Congratulations, Andrew! Be sure to watch him and the rest of the drama club perform “The Gods of Comedy” on November 4th and 5th.

Here’s what Mrs. Richardson and Ms. Robbins, Patriot Production’s directors, had to say about Andrew:

“Andrew has taken his role of club president to heart and worked effortlessly to rally his board and welcome new members into the club. When Andrew was elected as president, he sought to bring the runner-up on as his co-president, sharing the position to make sure everyone was included. Andrew represented the club at the activities fair to raise awareness of the club and spent time working with the board to prepare a poster to present about Patriot Productions. Andrew assisted in the fall play auditions, helping them run smoothly by being a student reader in the audition room. He made each auditionee feel comfortable and welcomed to the audition space. When one freshmen student didn’t receive a callback audition, Andrew went out of his way the following morning to compliment the student’s performance, encourage the student to join crew, and to stay involved in drama in the spring. Andrew is a stellar club member.”