Technology Classes at FTHS

Sofia Colorado, Staff Writer

The 21st century is the age of technology and innovation. But there is a problem: there are not enough people interested in this field. Architecture, Digital Media & Photo Design, Interactive Design, Engineering Graphics, Video Editing & Media Production, Intro to Woodworking, and AP Computer Science Principles are all the technology classes offered here at FTHS. These classes are all known to be part of the technology department and are offered to all grade levels. Along with these, there are different levels of the classes that students can continue taking throughout their high school careers. 

Web design, one of the classes that are offered to incoming sophomores, is a three-year-level course that is meant to create web coders. In this program, you will learn how to code in HTML, CSS, and javascript. At the end of the program, seniors will receive an industry-valued credential, which means students developed industry-aligned skills and are valued by potential employers. This is just one of the examples of the multi-year courses that are offered by FTHS. 

Despite technology seeming like only computers, this is not true for FTHS’ technology program. Woodworking is an elective course where students can build and make everyday objects, or creative designs, out of wood using machinery. Photography, as the name implies, is a class where students can use professional cameras to get that perfect shot they desire. And even when on the computers, it is not simply coding. Video editing and media production students are able to use professional software such as Photoshop and Adobe Spark, to create whatever type of video they want. 

As said before, technology is always advancing, and in order to keep advancing people are needed. The programs at FTHS are not a commitment, but simply a highly beneficial experience that can lead to a highly rewarding career eventually. Not only this, but all of the classes are unique and fun in their way. Whether you are artistically gifted, interested in coding, graphics, or computer science, there is the right class for you in FTHS.

For more information, check out this site: https://www.frhsdwebdesign.com/courses.html