Victoria Prokopenko

For the month of January, senior Victoria Prokopenko has been awarded the Outstanding Student Participant of the Month, primarily due to her part in creating and executing the Bob Ross themed meeting for our school’s Art Club. At Freehold Township High School, each day on our grade’s Google Classroom, daily announcements are posted. For the entire month of January, the most interesting of the many announcements said, “Want to paint like Bob Ross? Come paint with the Art Club for a unique meeting following ‘the master of happy little trees’ on Thursday, January 21st at 3:00 P.M.” For this creative meeting, students, whether in the Art Club or not, were invited to join the meet and learn how to paint like Bob Ross, as the announcement said, through an instructional video and screenshots to help guide the students through the activity. Although not stated in the announcement itself, this meeting was all made possible by the exemplary artist and Art Club leader known as Victoria Prokopenko. According to teacher Ms. Alvarado, not only did Victoria suggest the theme in the first place, but she helped the event planning and execution go flawlessly, as she selected Bob Ross tutorials for the club members to vote on for the meeting and as she set up the mentioned screenshots to help make the activity as easy and fun as possible. Without her, the event would not have gone as smoothly as it did. Other than this event, Victoria is an overall outstanding leader for the club, being “responsible, hardworking, creative, and respectful.”  Ms. Alvardo claims that she is a “tremendous asset to the club,” and without her, Art Club would not be the same.