Senior Spotlight: Veronica Sowinski

Lindsey Golotko, Editor-in-Chief

The class of 2018 is one of the most unique and interesting grades to have ever roamed the hallways of FTHS. Students range from amazing singers, phenomenal athletes, and original artists. Each week a new senior is interviewed to highlight their special qualities and the impact FTHS has had on them. These seniors finally receive their moment in the spotlight!

LG: Describe your experience so far at FTHS.

So far FTHS has been an adventure. I’ve made so many memories and friends that i know will last forever. I can’t see myself at any other school.

LG:  When did you truly feel apart of the Freehold Township family?

I began to feel apart of the FTHS family after my first homecoming game. I will never forget the energy and excitement the crowd had while cheering on our team. It looked like one big family was sitting in the stands

LG: What is the best memory you have at FTHS?

My best memory at FTHS was probably my first swim meet when I made shore conference after the entire team cheered me on.

LG: What activities are you involved in? How have these impacted your life?

I’m involved in the swim team and Students Helping Honduras. Both activities have helped me learn how to make new friends and get out of my comfort zone.

LG: What passion have you discovered while in high school?

I’ve discovered my passion for math. My past math teachers Ms. Hoagland, Ms. Pandolfo, and Ms. Kurczeski have immensely helped find this passion.

LG: How does it feel to commit to a Division 1 college? Is it a dream come true?

I’m so beyond excited to start my next step in my life in college and swimming division 1 at Iona College is definitely going to be one of the best parts. It is for sure a dream come true, I’ve worked so hard to get to this point and I couldn’t be happier.

LG: What advice do you have for underclassmen?

Advice I would give underclassmen is don’t stress the small stuff. It is so easy to get caught up in drama and school work but you always have to remember that in five years the little things that bother you now won’t even cross your mind. One bad grade isn’t the end of the world, keep your head up and as long as you’re giving your very best, that’s all the matters.

LG: Who impacted you the most?

Personally I think Ms. Kurczeski has impacted me the most, she’s the best math teacher i’ve ever had. She always cared so much about every single one of her students no matter what their grade was in the class. She never came to class unmotivated or unprepared to teach and i think that’s what has helped me become the student i am today.