Vanessa Pacheco

Brianna Pacailler, Staff Writer

Vanessa Pacheco is a junior here at FTHS. She was awarded the title of October-November Student of the Month as recognition for all her hard work involving Patriot Press. Vanessa is the Head-Photographer for the newspaper.  Mr. Digiuseppe has awarded Vanessa for her Leadership, Dedication, and Initiative towards all her responsibilities of her roles within the commitment to this club. To see some of Vanessa’s photography work, visit the Patriot Press website on the Patriot Press Website! Congratulations to our October-November Club Student of the Month!

Good Morning! 

– Good Morning

Before we begin, congratulations on receiving club student of the month!

– Thank you!

How would you describe your initial response to hearing your name on the announcements?

– It was very surreal because I just never expected to be Club Student of the month. I started Patriot Press back last year and it’s just crazy to see how my hard work has paid off. 

Why do you believe that you were nominated and chosen for this award?-

– I believe it was because of the work I put in. A lot goes into putting these pictures together but it is so rewarding at the end of the day to see it all come together!

What are some of your personal responsibilities as a member of this club? Do you have a specific leadership role?-

– I am head photographer, so I’m responsible for communicating with my other photographers,  as well as covering big events of the school. For example, BOTC just took place so I had to go to take pictures as well with my other two photographers. 

Besides your commitment to the Patriot Press, what other activities are you involved in here at FTHS and beyond?

– Well taking pictures for Patriot Press is my main activity, but I also participate in Spring Track. I’m starting a Winter Track this week as well! I’m also involved in a few other clubs at the school.

It’s so great to hear about your involvement in our school grounds! Continuing on, what would you say is the overall motive of this club?

–  I think the overall motivation is to just keep working harder than we already do and to try to boost our views by even more than what we have currently achieved.

Has being a part of Patriot Press  shaped you or given you new skills of any sort?

– I’m definitely more social because you know I have to reach out to my other photographers and ask people to take pictures of them, which can be kind of awkward but it’s worth it at the end of the day when they get recognized for their attendance or participation in a school event!

What advice would you give to a new student entering the building next year?

– Just to enjoy high school and to get involved with the activities the school has to offer, while also just having fun and really taking in these new few years.

To conclude, is there anything you would like to add or say to your fellow students and staff?

– Thank you to Mr. Digiuseppe for nominating me for Club Student of the Month and yeah that’s it!

Thank you so much Vanessa for meeting with me and congratulations again!

– Thank you!

Here’s what Mr. DiGiuseppe, advisor for the Patriot Press, had to say about Vanessa:

“Vanessa is the Head Photographer, in charge of making sure the school events and sports are photographed, and she is the most organized and on-the-ball leader I could ask for. She communicates with the staff and manages all the visual elements of our website with efficiency and positivity. She works independently and collaboratively, excelling at both ends of the spectrum. In short, she is very deserving of this recognition.”

Vanessa’s reasons for recognition were:

• Leadership
  • Dedication
  • Initiative