Homecoming Queen: Gianna Dembski

A senior here at FTHS, Gianna was crowned as queen at our Homecoming Game this past Friday. Despite only being here since her sophomore year, Gianna has made so many great memories and achieved so many great things at this high school. Her positive attitude and radiating energy are just some of the qualities that make her fit for this award! Read more about Gianna’s fondest moments as a Patriot and experiences as high school royalty below in our interview: 

Grace Lorenzo: First off, how does it feel to be the homecoming queen?

Gianna Dembski: It feels amazing to be the homecoming queen! Especially since I was crowned with one of my good friends. There’s no better place to be named queen than FTHS! 

GL: Is there anyone you would like to shout out or thank for such a great achievement?

GD: I want to thank the school as a whole, bringing me in after I transferred my sophomore year! I’m so glad I came. Clearly, It was meant to be!

GL: Along with becoming homecoming queen, what are some other highlights of your senior year so far?

GD: Some of my favorite highlights have been the Friday night lights! I love cheering on our team every week! 

GL: Is there any advice you would like to give to underclassmen who are nearing their graduations in the upcoming years?

GD: Get involved. Join clubs, teams, any way you can! It leads to great memories and great friends! 

GL: What does being on the homecoming court mean to you? 

GD: It means so much to me being in the homecoming court with some of my closest friends! I’m so happy I had this opportunity. 

GL: Why do you think you were selected as a nominee for homecoming court?

GD: I think my positive attitude definitely could have contributed to being selected. Having a positive mentality going into school each day helps me continue to build relationships with the students and teachers day in and out!

GL: Lastly, I need to know how your golf cart ride was with the homecoming king and Mr Brusotti!

GD: It was fun and funny! Giacomo had his ten seconds of glory driving the golf cart!