Swim 2015/2016 Season Wrap Up

Leah Emmerich, Editor-in-Chief

The Patriot swimmers did not disappoint this season! These boys and girls woke up even before the sun rose and trained hard to win and win, and win again. 

Coaches Ms. Bott and Mr. Leahy led their teams to victory, proving how long and hard hours of work pay off. The girls team made it to the semi final round of states, which is more than most high schools can say. During the semi finals meet, Veronica Sowinski beat the school record in backstroke. 

Throughout the season, the girls team won every meet but two, proving to be worthy of state recognition. 

Even on days that there was no early morning practice, the team boasted #nopracticenoproblem, almost every single one of them participating in the snow challenge. Obviously, these students showed a major commitment to their team and their school. 

[wpdevart_youtube]CztVqKdWiuQ[/wpdevart_youtube]

Junior Nicole Madonna comments on the success of this past season. “We have accomplished so much as a team this year, especially beating Trinity Hall and making it to the Semi Finals. I’m so proud of all of the people on the team…they literally are my second family.” A strong bond between teammates has proved time and time again to be a major key to success, especially according to townships swimmers. 

“It has been an honor to be on this team for 3 years and made it as far as the state semi-finals. I love every single person on the team,” Victoria Papa reflects. 

Overall, the Patriot swimmers gave this season their all, resulting in a note-worthy outcome. The long, early mornings payed off, earning them high recognition and praise.