The End of the 90’s Babies!

Sam Panaseny, Staff Writer

Times are changing.

We’re growing older and so is this world around us. It’s crazy to think that the juniors and seniors attending Freehold Township High School are the last of the 90’s generation. But when it comes down to it, what do we want the younger generations to remember the most?

Nobody can forget the classic 90’s television shows like The Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Friends,  and even Full House.  It’s sad to think that these new generations of kids will grow upMV5BMTk2Njk5ODYzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzUxNDE0MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_ not knowing who Danny Tanner or Ross and Monica Geller are. Nowadays, children are growing up watching shows like Girl Meets World,  whic is a spinoff of Boy Meets World, and Dog with a Blog, which is a show that serves no purpose to television but to portray a dog that literally spends his time writing a blog.  How is this entertainment?

Although 90’s television was exceptional, the music was just as good, if not better. Everyone has “Baby, One More Time” by Britney Spears and “No Diggity” by the Backstreet Boys memorized. Even better than the music itself were the videos to go along with it, whether it was a fierce Britney Spears video or a glamorous Destiny Child’s video clip, they will always be remembered. Although music is always evolving constantly, new songs still use references to old 90’s anthems, regardless if it’s copying a beat or lyric, no one will ever be able to escape the 90’s.

Now_That's_What_I_Ca''_the_90'sAfter speaking with several juniors and seniors at FTHS, almost every student agreed that the 90’s brings its own unique benefits to the school’s atmosphere that only we, juniors and seniors, can provide. According to junior Kaitlyn Costa, “It’s unfair that younger generations won’t get to experience what us 90’s kids got to.”

Overall, it’s our responsibility as the last 90’s generation to educate younger kids on what they’ve been missing and keep the 90’s alive for as long as we can!