Pitch Perfect 2 Review

Hailey Ruderman, Staff Writer

The Bellas are back!

In the sequel movie, Pitch Perfect 2, the original Barden Bellas are now seniors in college and plan to be the first American team to win the Acappella World Championship. A mishap occurs that causes the Bellas to get suspended from competing and banned from holding auditions for more members. The Bellas struggle with this, but have to learn to stay together so they are able to go to the World Championship.

While all of this is happening, Becca secretly decides to take an internship at a recording studio to pursue her dream of being a music producer, and the group has to face their biggest rivals: the Germans.

Personally, I liked this movie better than the first. It had a lot more humor and you were able to get to know all the Bellas better. I loved seeing how much all the girls have grown together as a group and how they were still friends with the same people outside of their circle. It was also nice to see that Jesse (Skylar Astin) and Becca (Anna Kendrick) were still together, even though I wished they focused on that a little bit more.

Sophomore Taylor Tobey enjoyed it as well. “It was a good movie, as expected. The music was phenomenal and it was hilarious. The only thing I didn’t like was that it was all too predictable, but I would definitely recommend seeing it.”

This movie has the usual dating and friendship drama but they put a little spin on it.

Pitch Perfect 2 is very funny, but I would not recommend it for anyone under the age of 13 due to the foul language. A new character named Emily Junk (Hailee Steinfield) has had a life-long dream of being a Bella because her mom was in the group when she went to college. Emily tries very hard to get into the music group even though she is aware of the consequences of adding new members.

Overall, this movie is a very funny and well-written movie. The music choices are a mix of both old classics and new favorites that everyone will enjoy. It also includes special guests including Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts, Clay Matthews and others from the Green Bay Packers, Barack and Michelle Obama, and the musical group, Pentatonix. All the singers and actors are fantastic and this movie is absolutely a must see.