Girls Soccer Season Recap

Lindsey Golotko, Guest Writer

There is no doubt about it, FTHS is home to many great sports teams, but one of the most unique teams in the school is Girls Soccer. The team consists of girls from every grade who demonstrate athleticism and dedication.  They are lead by captains Maria D’Amico, Sam Lotti, Olivia Pinto, and Nicole Whitley.

With a final record of 15-4-1, this team proves they are ferocious players on the field. Their biggest rival is Freehold Boro. Sophomore Angela Decicco states, “Every time we are at Boro, it is a great game. The atmosphere is always very tense because it is always an intense and close match.” Township managed to tie them in the regular season.

The thing that stands out most about this team is how they treat one another. All of the girls are extremely kind and treat each other like sisters. Freshman Meaghan Latona says, “We are like a family.  My favorite part is being able to play with the older girls who I learn from all the time and who were so welcoming from the very first practice.”

Unfortunately, their goal to make it to states this season fell short. This, however, does not do justice on how well they played in not only that game, but in all the other ones. All the girls anticipated the next move before it even happened. Girls Varsity Soccer is a team like no other!