2014 Homecoming Game

2014 Homecoming Game

Leah Emmerich, Editor

The most anticipated football game of the year definitely lived up to all the hype.

This year’s homecoming game was a thriller that kept everyone who attended thoroughly entertained for the entirety of the night. The overwhelming sense of Patriot pride was felt, and shown, by all of the students. The student section of the bleachers was stuffed to the brim with fans decked out in patriot gear. Chants and cheers rang through everybody’s ears as the students rooted for the football team. Even before game time, everyone was already hyped up to cheer for their team.

The football team ran onto the field with an immense amount of enthusiasm. The Freehold Township Patriots were ready to take on the New Brunswick Zebras.

The boys started the game well, with a touchdown at the very beginning. Township held back the other team, but the Zebras scored a touchdown after fighting for a while. The patriots were not discouraged at all, and soon made another touchdown, but so did the Zebras.

Halftime began with a performance by the cheerleaders. The girls put on a great show, which really got everyone pepped for the next half of the game. They had been enthusiastic the entire night, and continued to be until the very end. After the cheerleaders wrapped it up, the Marching Patriots put on a show for everybody. They played a variety of songs from different video games, sticking to this year’s them of gaming. Not many people noticed, but during the band’s performance, somebody dressed in a banana costume sprinted across the field. (Props to whomever you are)

With the score now tied 14-14, the students became hopeful that it was finally Township’s chance to win a homecoming game. But, the Zebras scored yet another touchdown, taking the lead. The boys did not let their heads down, pushing through, and making another touchdown in the last minute of the game, tying it up at 21-21.

Over-time was filled with so much passion from everyone cheering on their football team. The first team to score would win the game, and everyone was sitting at the edge of their seat. Unfortunately, New Brunswick was the first to score a touchdown, earning them a win. But, it’s not whether you win or lose its how you play the game. Pat yourself on the backs boys, because you gave us one great game.