Erica’s Friday Playlist: Emotional Roadshow Tour 2017 Edition

Erica Singh, Staff Writer

Twenty One Pilots is going to be coming to New Jersey tomorrow (1-21-17) because they’re on tour with Jon Bellion and Judah and the Lion and I have the honor of going to the concert in person, so this playlist is going to be the Emotional Roadshow Tour 2017 Edition!! Hope you enjoy!

“Addict With A Pen” by Twenty One Pilots
This has been my favorite song for awhile yet the meaning is still unknown. Some Twenty One Pilots fans attempted to crack the code on the meaning of the song which quickly took a religious turn, some fans think the true meaning of the song is that water is the symbol of God. Throughout the song, Tyler says, “I try desperately to run through the sand as I hold the water in the palm of my hand but no matter how tightly I will strain, the sand will slow me down and the water will drain i’m just being dramatic in fact, i’m only at it again as an addict with a pen” which is Tyler supposedly asking God to be by his side through his struggle, and he is saying that all he has left is a paper and a pen. The other meaning has nothing to do with religion but is basically saying that throughout the song, Tyler sings, “I haven’t found a drop of water” which, as we know, is a life essential to all living creatures. So Tyler saying that he can’t find water is maybe him saying he can’t find something to live for. There are still many many theories to this song but those two remain the most commonly talked about.
[wpdevart_youtube]VyXEvDXqeeI[/wpdevart_youtube]

“Overwhelming” by Jon Bellion
This is one of my top favorites by Jon. This song talks about how he is overwhelmed by this girl, everything she does overwhelms him and he has completely fallen head over heels for her. My favorite line of this song is when Jon says, “Her soul is presidential like Barack” because i find that line very funny. If you need a fun upbeat song to get stuck in your head, this one is definitely the one.
[wpdevart_youtube]RkCkCEwkkG0[/wpdevart_youtube]

“Take it all Back” by Judah & The Lion
This song is sort of up-beat and sort of mellow at the same time. The lead singer of the band, Judah Akers, explains throughout the song that after him and his previous partner ended on bad terms, he would take it back to have her. He says he wishes he could take back time and redo all the mistakes through their entire relationship and give her everything she deserves.
[wpdevart_youtube]4kRlBnTxfVA[/wpdevart_youtube]

“He is the Same” by Jon Bellion
This song is very catchy and simply amazing to listen to. This song is basically about someone who got made fun of or bullied in school is now living big and famous while all of the kids from his high school are watching him on TV and going to every show. The idea of the song is “be careful who you make fun of in high school” because Jon showed them how it is done by being himself and letting the talent and fans take over as his old bullies watch from the crowd of his shows.
[wpdevart_youtube]CUDEgl_FcVY[/wpdevart_youtube]

“Screen” by Twenty One Pilots
This powerful song is basically explaining how Tyler hides himself in front of everyone but God is the true person who knows how Tyler is and how he really is. Tyler tries to cover himself up by attempting to look cool in front of others which doesn’t really work because he and God both know the true ways Tyler is which what makes the song so interesting, it’s like you’re trying to be a differnet person but you can’t keep up with your lies because you feel guilty that God is watching you spill these lies to other people.
[wpdevart_youtube]NK7WWbXlkj4[/wpdevart_youtube]