A Transfer Student’s View of FTHS

John Ross, Staff Writer

For my sophomore year of high school, I transferred to Township from a town in Northern New Jersey on the outskirts of New York City. I was extremely opposed to this change, but Township has made me realize that it was well worth it.

Freehold Township is a lot different than other schools. People here are excited and eager to be involved, care greatly about their studies, and are willing to help other students have the best experience possible. There is always something new happening, which gives students a break from the stresses of high school and other things that may be on their mind. There is definitely a remarkable difference in Township compared to other high schools.

One thing that I noticed is “school pride” is abundant. The students here really love their school and take pride in their clubs, sports, and other events. For every sporting event, fans come out and support each team, which I think is really awesome. Hundreds of kids stay after school each day, working for extra hours on their sport, club, or activity that makes the school a better place. There is something here for everyone to get involved in, which I think is really important in making a positive school environment.

Students also care greatly about their work. I have never been to a school were knowledge and learning are so important, and students are encouraged to do their absolute best. Granted, it has been challenging for me to adjust to the high standards at FTHS, but in the long run, I think it will have a positive effect on me. I feel like I’m actually being challenged in school and learning new things, which is what I think school should be all about.

With a great academic program and fun environment, FTHS is like no other school. I think that transferring here was a positive thing that happened to me, and will make my future and high school experiences better. I look forward to this year and the following years at Township, and hopefully you do too!