Think Tank Creates a Unique Classroom

Lindsey Golotko, Editor

If you go to Township, you have probably noticed something different since the start of the school year, it’s not the new water fountain, the increase in the price of fries, or how short the freshmen are. This year, a new classroom made its debut: The Think Tank.

The Think Tank is located in D113, which was originally an old math classroom. Over the summer, the room had a complete makeover in order to make the environment much more enjoyable. The walls are painted a baby blue which has a calming effect on not only the students, but the teachers as well. The room also has carpeting which makes the room have a more comfortable feeling, as well. The Think Tank has numerous whiteboards so students and peers can express ideas in several ways and places.

Perhaps the most unique part of the Think Tank is how it is set up. The room has a focus on collaboration and teamwork. The tables mimic a conference room in a certain way, making it easier to converse face-to-face with peers or have a novel discussion with the whole class. The chairs themselves are much versatile, too. They bright yellow and electric blue rolling chairs replaced the stiff and uncomfortable metal blue chairs.

The aspect of the Think Tank which is liked by everyone in the school is the fact that the room itself has air conditioning. During the hot beginning few weeks of school when the school is a sauna and people are sweating buckets, the Think Tank pumps out cool and refreshing air, which in all honesty helps students focus as opposed to being concentrated on how hot they are.

Teachers really enjoy this room as well because of its unique atmosphere. Señora Jimenez loves the Think Tank because she is able to “work with the students in a creative environment.” This room is a nice break from the harsh fluorescent lights and uninviting tile floors. It offers a nice break from the usual class setting students are used to.

Overall, the Think Tank is a room like no other, and the hype for the learning experience of this classroom is enormous: it is booked for months! If you are lucky enough to get a chance to learn in this classroom, soak it in, it is truly unique and undescribable.