Mr. Briggs by Allan Jacobs

Allan Jacob

There are plenty of teachers that I could have mentioned and recognized for their hard work and impact on my life and others, but only one person stands out to me: Mr. Briggs or rather known as Coach Briggs. From the beginning of my High School experience to my very last track meet, Briggs has been a tremendous impact on how far I’ve come. As one of Briggs’ track athletes, I can say for sure that his program and what he does for his students is truly remarkable. The amount of dedication he has for the people around him is something that most people undervalue and don’t recognize. Even worse, they take it for granted and don’t respect what he has to offer. When you walk the halls of Freehold Township High School you see many faces, and you think: Everybody has a purpose in this world. Whether it is to achieve your own happiness or create happiness in the air with the people around you. In my opinion, Coach Briggs’ purpose is to change lives. To take a simple sport of Track and Field and Soccer and develop success with what he has been given. I’ve literally watched him take students who aren’t as fortunate, talented, and gifted as others turn around their lives. Knowing Briggs’ I bet he is laughing about this letter or cracking a joke or two about it but in reality, everything that I have said above is true. I couldn’t name any other coaches who are dedicated enough to not only coach their athletes, but also train with them. I have, by far, the most utmost respect for my coach. Briggs is truly the hardest working person I know.