Patriot Players to Present “You Can’t Take It with You”

Hailey Ruderman, Editor

Recently, the cast and crew of Freehold Township’s drama club has been working hard with Mrs. Richardson to create this year’s play, You Can’t Take It With You.

The play is about one very wacky family with a “normal” daughter who falls in love with a boy from a totally different family. Throughout the play, the actors show the audience on how different the two families are, yet showing the love between the son and daughter. The characters in the show all go crazy, or to quote Mrs. Richardson, “high jinks ensues,” about the lovers.

Nina Mojares, who plays the daughter wanted to add her opinion about the play. “This year’s fall play is almost similar to a ‘spin off’ of Romeo and Juliet. I play the role of Alice Sycamore, the daughter of a crazy, abnormal, fun family. Alice falls in love with Tony Kirby (Justin Gordon) who is the son of a sophisticated, professional, and wealthy family. Alice and Tony fall in love, but the two families struggle to make ends meet because of their widely different personalities. Similar to Romeo and Juliet, the Sycamores and the Kirbys do not agree on everything and have different social/political views. Alice tries to reason with Tony saying that, although they do love each other, both of their families live in two different worlds. However, that does not stop the two young adults from getting married. The play is a sweet romantic comedy with twists and turns and we hope that you check it out!”

Some other actors, besides Nina, that you will see in the play are: Joe Santitoro, Sydney Vargas, Josh Benedon, Justin Gordon, Joe Hoover, Seth Kaliroff and Brooke Salamone.

You can buy the tickets during your lunch period on Thursday or Friday, from someone in the cast or crew, or buy them at the door! Students are $6 and adults are $12.

The showing times are Thursday, November 12th at 7pm, Friday, November 13th at 7pm and Saturday, November 14th at 1pm and 7pm.

Enjoy the show!

Take a look here at some of Emily Schulz’s photos from the dress rehearsal: