Polls

Best before-school coffee spot?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Sam Fung’s Week 10 NFL POTW

The weeks of the NFL season are winding down fast. Week 10 has concluded, which means another batch of POTWs.

Justin Jones

The Bears’ sluggish 16-13 win over Carolina was highlighted by their relentless pass rush that put Byrce Young under a lot of pressure. Justin Jones was a big part of it. With the help of Montez Sweat, Jones recorded 3 QB hits and a sack along with 3 total tackles, all amounting to arguably the best interior D-lineman performance for the Bears this season.

Dayo Odeyingbo

Speaking of sluggish wins, the Colts held firm in a 10-6 win over New England in Frankfurt, a win that included five sacks in the first half. Three of them came from Dayo Odeyingbo, who doubled his total on the season to 6 after the superb performance.

Jaylen Warren

The Steelers’ run game has been a crucial element of their offense and once again proved why versus the Packers this week. Shifty back Jaylen Warren led the way with 101 yards rushing and a touchdown as Pittsburgh improved to 6-3.

Devin Singletary

The Steelers will be thankful that the Texans carved up the Bengals in their 30-27 road win. Devin Singletary gave Houston a new dimension to their offense, rushing for 150 yards on 30 carries and scoring a touchdown in the third quarter. 

TJ Hockenson

The Saints’ defense managed to stifle Jordan Addison, but not TJ Hockenson. The Iowa product caught 11 passes for 134 yards and a second-quarter touchdown that gave the Vikings an ultimately insurmountable lead at halftime (the Saints lost 27-19 after a futile late rally).

Mike Evans

Another week, another Mike Evans masterclass. The 2014 first-round pick went for 143 yards and a touchdown on six receptions, playing a crucial role in ending the Bucs’ 4-game skid as they beat the Titans 20-6.

Brock Purdy

Brock Purdy came out of the 49ers’ week 9 bye with a statement performance against their fellow contenders the Jacksonville Jaguars. Purdy passed for 296 yards and 3 touchdowns, staying turnover-free as San Francisco dominated the Jaguars on the road 34-3. 

Greg Newsome

The Browns’ defense made a ton of great plays in their 33-31 comeback win in Baltimore. The most significant of the bunch was made by Greg Newsome, who picked off a deflected pass and returned it for a touchdown in the fourth quarter, cutting the Ravens’ lead to just one point and setting the Browns up for the win.

David Montgomery

David Montgomery made an appearance on the field for the first time in a month, resuming his position as a major contributor for the Lions and adding to the most thrilling game of the weekend. Montgomery went on a breakaway 75-yard touchdown run and compiled 116 total yards rushing, helping Detroit beat the Chargers 41-38.

Trey McBride

Kyler Murray’s triumphant return was marked by a standout performance from Trey McBride. The second-year tight end had 8 catches for 131 yards, including a 33-yard catch on the final drive that set up Arizona’s game-winning field goal, which would bring the final score to 25-23.

Cooks/Lamb

Two receivers balled out in the Cowboys’ 49-17 demolition of the Giants. First, Brandin Cooks had 9 catches for 173 yards and a touchdown, doubling his total yardage production on the season, which was 165 coming into the game. On the other hand, Ceedee Lamb had 151 yards and a touchdown on 11 receptions, becoming the first NFL player to ever catch 10 passes for 150+ yards in three consecutive games.

Geno Smith

Let’s be real: Everybody wrote him off after a few dismal performances, but he did not write back. Sure, he made some grave errors, but Geno Smith passed for 369 yards and two touchdowns, tacking on a game-winning drive at the end as a cherry on top. Seattle won 29-26 on a last-second field goal set up by a clutch Smith performance.

Michael Mayer

It was about time for Michael Mayer to earn his shining moment. Amidst a field goal fest between the Raiders and the Jets, Mayer scored the game’s only touchdown, a leaping seven-yard grab over Jordan Whitehead early in the fourth quarter. The Raiders held on for a 16-12 win, their second in a row.

Russell Wilson

Monday night in Buffalo saw vintage Russell Wilson come to life at last. Going 24/29 for 194 yards and 2 touchdowns, Wilson led several important drives, including one at the end that set up the game-winning field goal. Denver won 24-22, earning their third straight win.