Music Department to Hold Spring Choral Concert

Lauren Lavelle, Editor-in-Chief

In the mood to see dozens of talented students sing their hearts out? If so, the FTHS Spring Choral Concert is for you! Tonight at 7:00 pm, groups such as the select ensemble, women’s ensemble, percussion ensemble, and concert choir will take the stage to sing a medley of songs ranging from Eleanor Rigby to the Ballad of Sweeney Todd.

“There’s a little bit for everyone,” says chorus director Ms. Conners. “The choir has definitely come a long way since their holiday concert.”

Not only will choir be featured in this once-a-year event, but the FTHS band will make an appearance as well!

“There are many difficult pieces in this show and having the band play definitely helps,” states Conners.

Good luck to the members of the FTHS Choir and make sure to drop in on their Cabaret Night on May 29th!

Admission is free and will feature selections by Stephen Sondheim, Queen, Simon & Garfunkel, Etta James, The Beatles and many more.

The performers will include members of the Concert Choir, Select Ensemble, Women’s Ensemble and Percussion Ensemble.

Check out a preview of some of the performances:

Concert Choir — “Star Spangled Banner” [wpdevart_youtube]Ehwc4DB2Eeg[/wpdevart_youtube]

Women’s Ensemble — “You are the New Day” [wpdevart_youtube]4bMBSD4G1PM[/wpdevart_youtube]

Women’s Ensemble — “At Last” [wpdevart_youtube]o2iPLXVBVp8[/wpdevart_youtube]

Select Ensemble — “James Bond Theme” [wpdevart_youtube]gRQe9ksmeB8[/wpdevart_youtube]