Polls

Best before-school coffee spot?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

My Trip to Dover Motor Speedway!
Cameron Delgado, Staff Writer • June 17, 2024
UEFA Euro 2024 Preview
Samuel Fung, Staff Writer • June 10, 2024
Paul Skenes is Here to Stay
Justin Young, Staff Writer • June 3, 2024
Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters Recap
Allison Vaughan, Staff Writer • May 30, 2024

RECAP: October Horror Fest

Greetings, and welcome to the ranking of my Horror Fest Movies! Throughout this month, I have watched some truly incredible movies, and I am here today to celebrate the ending of the challenge by ranking them. It was hard to make this list, as I love all of these movies so much, but this is what I decided on. Please, please, please check out the other movies not included on this list. Like I said, this was so hard to create! Truly, thank you for reading October Horror Fest, and I hope you enjoy this list! Without further ado, sit back, relax, turn off the lights, grab some candy and popcorn, and let’s review…

1. Halloween (1978)“Halloween’s legacy cannot be put into words, and will be continued to be watched by millions of people. Halloween is one of the greatest horror films of all time, and will always be my favorite.” (October Horror Fest – Day 1).
  2. Ghostbusters (1984) “I love Ghostbusters with all my heart, and it is in my top five movies” (October Horror Fest – Week 1 Special).
  3. Five Nights at Freddy’s “Five Nights at Freddy’s was a movie that was made for the fans, and I am so happy that it was. Being created from the mind of Scott Cawthon, it was dedicated to the people who grew up and changed with this franchise. I’m telling you right now, ignore the critics on this one. The audience knows” (October Horror Fest – Day 28).
  4. Scream – “Scream was the movie that revived horror and the slasher genre. It used the past to bring the genre into the present. It was perfect for horror loving people like myself, and I loved all the hidden references to the past. This film is a 10/10 for me, and is one of my favorites” (October Horror Fest – Day 25 Special).
  5. Child’s Play 2 – “Today, we will discuss one of my favorite horror movies, and one I’ve seen well over 10 times. It’s the sequel to one of the greats, and deserves its spot as one of the best horror sequels ever made” (October Horror Fest – Day 6).
  6. Friday the 13th (1980) – “I absolutely ADORED this film, and I am so happy I was able to watch it, especially on an actual Friday the 13th like today!” (October Horror Fest – Friday the 13th Special).
  7. The Nightmare Before Christmas – “It is one of my favorite Disney movies, and I am so happy I was able to share it with you all” (October Horror Fest – Disney100 Celebration).
  8. The Exorcist – “This movie is by far one of my favorite horror movies I’ve ever seen, and is just so well put together” (October Horror Fest – Day 19).
  9. John Carpenter’s The Thing – The Thing is the perfect example of paranoia. Not knowing who to trust can turn you mad, and for this group of researchers in Antarctica, it did” (October Horror Fest – Day 5).
  10. Halloween II (1981) – This movie haunts me to this day, and I love it with all my heart. Mr. Sandman now forever reminds me of the evil that hunts in Haddonfield, and I hope it does the same for you now” (October Horror Fest – Day 10 Special).

To read these reviews and the rest of of Danny’s installments of October Horror Fest, click here!