October Horror Fest – Day 18

“I Heard It Too…”

Greetings, and welcome back to October Horror Fest! Today, we will review another Horror short film, and see how it affected its genre forever. This film terrified me, and terrified over 10 Million people since its upload over 9 years ago on YouTube. Horror is back in full, and I’m very excited to share this incredible film with you all. Without further ado, sit back, relax, turn off the lights, grab some Candy and Popcorn, and let’s review…

I Heard It Too – Short Horror Film

Our tale begins with a Mother putting her daughter to bed. The young girl asks for her Mom to sing her a lullaby, to which she obliges. She begins to sing the Mockingbird Lullaby, as we look around the room, and see the girl’s stuffed rabbit. We also see pictures of her family, including her father. We hear unsettling sounds from outside, as the mom continues to sing. The girl asks her Mom if she misses Daddy, to which she says yes. The girl says she misses him too, and the Mom said that she’s sure he misses them as well. She kisses her daughter, and turns off her lights, closing her door.

The girl, who we find is named Bethany, wakes in the middle of the night. Her Mother is repeatedly calling her name, trying to get Bethany to come downstairs. Bethany steps down from her bed and grabs her pet rabbit, continuing to walk to the stairs in an extremely scary and tense scene. As Bethany is about to go downstairs, a horror stinger plays that actually got me the first time as Bethany’s Mother rushes out from behind her and pulls her into a room. Her Mother says that she heard it too, as poor Bethany asks who it is. Her Mother keeps telling her that they will go away soon, as Bethany says that she’s scared. Her Mother’s phone is dead, as the creature gets more impatient. It says that it will come and find her, as we hear rushing footsteps come up the stairs. Bethany’s Mother puts Bethany in the closet, as she grabs a pair of scissors. The door’s handle opens, and the door slowly opens as well in another intense scene. Bethany’s Mother’s hand shakes more and more, until she peers outside, and no one is outside the door.

Bethany’s Mom runs to the closet to find that Bethany is gone. She panics, and sees her stuffed rabbit on the floor. Bethany is under the bed, saying that she isn’t ok. Bethany’s Mom is confused as Bethany says that she saw her. Behind her Mother’s confused face, a pair of legs appear. They walk into the room as more terrifying music starts to play, and the young girl closes her eyes. Bethany, not knowing what else to do at such a young age, counts to 5 under the bed. When she opens her eyes, her Mom is gone, and she begins to look for her. She walks out of her room, as we hear “Bethany!” coming from the hallway. Bethany turns around, and sees the monster. It stares at her, and Bethany runs back into her room. She hides under the blanket, as the monster comes in. It tells her to count to five, and Bethany does. Before she can finish, the monster takes the blanket off, breaking a horror rule. Its demented, stretched, monstrous face can be seen before us, as it stares at Bethany. Bethany screams, and our film comes to a close.

I hope you all enjoyed it! I’m sorry about the non-lengthy articles, but I’m still trying to make sure that you guys get spooked. I’m with this challenge all the way! Remember, just before I go, if you hear your loved ones speak to you at night, be careful, you don’t know if it’s truly them…