Teacher Appreciation Week: Thank You, Mrs. Titus

Leah Emmerich, Editor

As part of Teacher Appreciation Week, the editors of The Patriot Press will be selecting a different teacher each day to recognize as one of our favorites, someone who stands out as an example of what makes some teachers so great.  

Dear Mrs. Titus,
Outstanding is an understatement when describing you.

I’ve never had a teacher that showed just how hard they work as you did when I had you freshman year. Learning in your class was an absolute joy because I was never bored. You always had something insightful and intelligent to say, and I was all ears for whatever you had to say. I can not recall a single moment that I sat in that classroom and didn’t want to be there. There was always something interesting that kept me going.
Through all your insightful teaching, I gained more confidence as a writer which I cannot thank you enough for. You always pushed me to do my very best. Whenever I wrote something, I was always eager to know what you thought of it. You’re praise on my work meant the world to me because I knew that if you thought it was done well I was definitely doing something right.  You always presented my classmates and I with writing prompts that were compelling, which really made me excited because I was tired of the same old 5 paragraph essay that was too boring to even comprehend.
I can’t imagine that I’m the only student whose life you’ve impacted by being an amazing teacher. FTHS would not be the same with out you. You’re compassion for your students really does show. You are so kind to everyone, which is a rare quality in any human being now-a-days. Not only are you kind to humans, but your love and care for animals is admirable. If there were more Mrs. Titus’s in the world, I’m sure it would be a much happier place.