Club Spotlight: Technology Student Association (TSA)

Ava Talwar, Staff Writer

If you compare the world today versus a century ago, you’ll notice a drastic difference. The cause of these changes made throughout the years were the results of new technological inventions and innovations. 

Technology Student Association (TSA) is a club where students passionate about STEM can collaborate and can come up with brilliant ideas to compete with in both the state and national conferences. If anything like biotechnology, architecture, fashion, coding, editing, or debate interests you, there are certainly events that will suit you. For the 2022-2023 school year, NJ TSA is offering 30+ events to compete in, and the best part is that you can participate in more than one!

(Left to right) Sanjana Shetty, Sahil Maher, and Marc Orent representing TSA at this year’s club fair.

FTHS TSA’s meetings are usually held after school. Although, when competition season approaches there will likely be optional lunch meetings to work on your project(s). In regards to the competition, you will have months to work on your event(s) and will present it to the judges on the competition day. 

“Being a part of a delegation filled with like-minded, forward-thinking, and innovative students is what brings us together. It’s the TSA mission of achieving academic competitiveness in an ever-changing world,” said Sahil Maher, a senior who is serving as NJ TSA’s State President for a second term this school year. Having an FTHS TSA student serve on the state board gives our club special insights into upcoming design challenges, state updates, and competition news.

If you’re interested in joining and learning more about TSA, the Google Classroom code is qdnaspg. To sign up for the club’s Remind, text @fthstsa to 810-10. If you have any questions, see the advisors: Mrs. Herbert, [email protected] or Mr. Jennings, [email protected].