Recapping Another Magical Character Breakfast

Sara Frasson, Staff Writer

To support the junior class, over fifty student and staff volunteers put together this year’s Character Breakfast, an event filled with food, songs, and familiar faces from different Disney, Marvel, and Nick characters! Families from all over the area were invited to dance along with the performers, take pictures, and have a great morning filled with activities. 

Lead by Mrs. Blair, Junior SGA, Patriot Productions, Paws for a Cause, the Art Club, and more organizations were involved in planning and executing the day, doing so wonderfully. Paws for a Cause ran a coloring station, while the Art Club had members do face paint on all of the little kids in attendance. 

From Encanto and Frozen characters to Elmo and Mickey Mouse, so many different people sang, danced, and hung out with families, which also presented photo opportunities with each character. Little kids wearing Elsa dresses were able to take a picture with her and even hear her sing, along with other performers! Even the Easter bunny made an appearance, letting families take their annual bunny pictures with the character. Parent and staff volunteers cooked a complete breakfast, filled with pancakes, sausage, french toast, and drinks, leaving everyone full and ready to hit the dance floor. The student DJ played hits that all kids love, like Disney hits and Kidz Bop covers. Ending the breakfast, the whole cast of performers and characters sung group renditions of “Be Our Guest” and “We Don’t Talk About Bruno,” allowing every guest to come to the front and sing with the group. 

The Character Breakfast served as its return after a two-year hiatus, but it came back and was better than ever! At the end of the event, kids came running back to their favorite cartoon friends, hugging them goodbye before the day. Families were able to celebrate a magical morning for both the kids and parents, and hopefully this wildly successful event will continue for years to come.