Friday the 13th is No Problem for Football Team

Daniel Cilone, Staff Writer

They say that on Friday the 13th bad things happen, but not for the Freehold Township football team.

On Friday night, the Patriots won 31-to-6, leaving them still undefeated. The Patriots scored an early touchdown, which gave them the lead they ultimately wound never relinquish. The visitors — Jackson Liberty — were stuck with a score of zero all the way until the third quarter of the game.

In the 2nd quarter, Mike Cenname made a 48-yard run, nearly getting a touchdown. Quarterback Nick Reardon had amazing night, throwing two touchdown passes, 18 yards and 27 yards, which were caught by Kevin Doherty and Patrick Laricy.

As for the audience, the crowd was wild. Everyone was happy watching the game and was just having a great time. Students came wearing pink for breast cancer awareness month or wearing their football fan shirts.

Our school band was there as usual, but they weren’t alone. Also performing the The Sound of Music-inspired performance were the 8th graders from Barkalow Middle School band, who accompanied FTHS Marching Patriots in the end to pull off the ultimate show.

From both schools, the cheerleaders were there supporting their respective teams, with magnificent performances to keep the audience entertained and on their toes.

Selling Chick-Fil-A sandwiches at the game is always a good idea and is sure to bring in a large crowd. For just a few bucks fans bought fresh, warm sandwichs with all the toppings — and didn’t miss anything since you can still see the game from any direction.

It’s safe to say now that Friday the 13th doesn’t always bring bad luck, especially since our football team still continues to be undefeated. Let’s hope for another great game and a huge win at the homecoming game on October 27th!