Debate: Starbucks vs. Dunkin

Debate: Starbucks vs. Dunkin

April 5, 2018

You’re driving along Route 9 on the way to another day as a student at FTHS. You check the time and notice that it’s only 7:30, and you have some extra time to spare before you have to make up that history quiz at 7:45. Obviously, you’re tired, so you decide to stop for some coffee. The only question that makes you pause your plan is: should you stop at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts for a pick-me-up?

Starbucks vs. Dunkin: a debate that has been popular since practically the beginning of time. Right now, we’re going to help you decide which coffee shop you should spend your precious money in, which chain you should trust to offer you the most delicious coffee and quality service for the best value.

I Stand By Dunkin Donuts

And as a broke high school student who needs a caffeine fix every morning, the coffee at Dunkin Donuts keeps my caffeine needs at bay while not taking such a big dent in my bank account. The famous chain has not only coffee but also donuts and bagels that out beat Starbucks anyday.

Looking at the menu at Dunkin you get not only a variety of coffee but also a mix of donuts, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, and a few muffins. But at Starbucks they seemed to be limited in the food department with only a few pastries and lunch options that may not serve your breakfast needs, never mind your sweet tooth.

Also let’s discuss the size differences. At dunkin the cold beverage cups are evidently larger than the ones at starbucks and yet they still have the same low price. With the small being 16oz, the medium 24 and the large 32 it is larger compared to Starbucks 12,16  and then 20. So overall when you choose dunkin you are getting more coffee for less money.

To continue, when rushing in the morning you want something you could grab quickly. The drive thru at dunkin is not only fast but efficient. Because they have simple menu items most things are easily prepared and given to you within minutes rather than waiting in a longer line at starbucks.

Oh and also the many flavors that dunkin has during the different seasons add something new to your hot or iced coffee!

Finally, have I mentioned that Dunkin will save you money. And we all know that by being a broke student we cannot afford a five dollar coffee every morning.