Freshmen Ready for a BotC Upset

The Freshmen BotC Team shows off their Toy Story costumes

Lindsey Golotko, Editor

Battle of the Classes here at Freehold Township is the equivalent to the holiday time of year. All of the grades come together in the gym and compete against one another until a grade is announced the winner.

For the freshmen, this event is a whole new experience. The amount of school spirit felt in the gym during this event is maybe even greater than at homecoming. Each team competes in different challenges to see who will come out on top.  These different activities are cut throat and competitive; it is not just about having fun.

There are fourteen brave freshmen willing to go up against the experienced upperclassmen. The seven girls are Gillian Gandolfo, Jen Weinstock, Deanna D’Amico, Haley Cuozzo, Alessia LaRosa, Selena Lombardo, and Kirsten Murphy. The seven boys willing to fight are Chris Orrico, Colin Taptitch, Ben Terabassi, Seth Meisner, Greg Solla, Zach Simon, Ryan Tanner, and Jake BLau. It takes major guts to go up against grades that are much older than you, and these freshmen have no easy task in front of them.

The freshmen have a lot of planning ahead, but they are eager to start working. All them agree the lip sync/dance is what they are most excited for. They cannot wait to show off their moves and dancing capabilities in front of not only the freshmen, but the entire rest of the school as well.

The freshmen do not view the upperclassmen as much of a threat. They say they have a, “strong team with very athletic members that will be useful in the events and are very confident in our dance.” This confidence will help them immensely because an insecure team will not succeed. In order to even be a contender the team must be comfortable in their own skin and be willing to get crazy in front of their peers.

The team has grown a bond that will really help them excel. They are all now a close group of friends that mesh well together.  This connection will give them an advantage in group events like tug of war, fiddler on the roof, and the egg toss. A coherent team is a competitive team.

Battle of the Classes is on Tuesday, November 24th at 6:30. The freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior class are all fighting to win. Can the freshmen pull out an underdog victory and upset the seniors? You will have to come and find out!