Patriot Productions Presents: Neil Simon’s “Rumors”

Kaylee Dillon, Staff Writer

This year’s annual play wowed audiences this weekend, leaving spectators wiping tears of laughter from their eyes. Patriot Production’s performance of Neil Simon’s Rumors was outstandingly funny and electric, and was a strong example of the hard work the entire cast and crew have been putting in during their weeks of preparation.

The beginning of the play opened up on an ominous situation- two guests Ken Gorman (played by Jake Manna) and Chris Gorman (played by Lilia Gerstmyer) arrive at an anniversary party only to find the host shot and the hostess missing. By the end of Act I, the tension of the dramatic setting is dissolved into a frantic, energetic performance of the cast that has the whole audience hysterical.

Seniors Andrew Colbert and Riley Martin delivered an outstanding performance in their roles of Lenny and Claire Ganz respectively. The overall execution of the cast’s comedic delivery and timing was essential and showed the dedication of the actors and actresses to this production. The whole cast worked as a unit and did not fail to perform with superb equity and passion.

The excellent job done on the play didn’t end with the cast, however. The effort of the production crew was definitely on par with the rest of the performance. It is clear to see the commitment and attention to detail from all parts of the production, as well as the enthusiasm and dedication from the co-directors, Mrs. Richardson and Ms. Cugini, and technical director, Mr. Grimes.

Patriot Production’s 2018 run of Rumors by Neil Simon was a memorable performance that certainly left audiences anticipatory for future shows to take place here at Freehold Township High School.

Cast:

Ken Gorman: Jake Manna

Chris Gorman: Lilia Gerstmyer

Lenny Ganz: Andrew Colbert

Claire Ganz: Riley Martin

Ernie Cusack: Carter Perry

Cookie Cusack: Morgan O’Shea

Glenn Cooper: Dan Studer

Cassie Cooper: Vanessa Gorman

Officer Welch: Paige Wehner

Officer Pudney: Isabelle Landolfi

Mystery Guest: Camille Yu

Understudies:

Ken Gorman: Connor Corcione

Chris Gorman: Nicole Barilla

Lenny Ganz: Fletcher Rainey

Claire Ganz: Kiersten Buckley

Ernie Cusack: Joe Paderon

Cookie Cusack: Camille Yu

Glenn Cooper: Connor Corcione

Cassie Cooper: Sophia Friedenberg

Officer Welch: Naya Marie Cruz