Character Pancake Breakfast Brings Disney Heroes to FTHS

Autumn Cataldo, Editor

April 1st, April Fools Day, usually a day full of pranks and laughter. Well, at Freehold Township, there weren’t any pranks, but there was a ton of laughter. The laughter of boys and girls singing and dancing all morning. FTHS’s Freshman Class hosted a Character Pancake Breakfast for their Freshman Class, and also to support a great cause. A portion of the money people spent on tickets, will be donated to the “Make a Wish Foundation,” an organization that grants the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses.

On this cheerful morning, children came ready to have fun by wearing their favorite Disney costumes or even just being prepared to sing their hearts out. In between everything, they were able to get their taste of pancakes, bacon, sausage, french toast sticks AND donuts! Of course, with different juices and drinks to chose from to make a rather complete royal breakfast.

There was also a wide variety of characters at the breakfast for children to meet. Cinderella, Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Ariel, Pocahontas, Tinker Bell, Superman, Batman, Belle, Rapunzel and many more made it a point to come out to spend the morning with the little ones. Not only were everyone’s favorite characters there, but also the Easter Bunny hopped over to take pictures and hand out easter eggs filled with goodies inside.

A DJ was playing music the whole time filling the room with Disney songs, Princess songs and some classical dances like the hokey pokey. After dancing away for a while, there were many other things to do. Such as, go to the photo booth to have your photo taken with silly props, get your face painted and even draw and color.

The event gives a huge thank you to Mrs. Blair and Ms. Harmon, and also to the helpers and the people behind the costumes who helped put it all together. The roles in the costumes and the helpers were played by some involved kids at FTHS. They came from different activities like National Honors Society, Peer Leadership and Student Government. The smile on the children’s faces when they danced with the Princesses, or colored with the superheroes or hugged Mickey were all priceless.

This was not only a great event, but contributed to a great cause at the same time. The room filled with little kids having a blast was an unforgettable occasion. Especially when some of FTHS’ very own finest staff attended with their children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. Even though this was the Character Pancake Breakfasts’ very first year at FTHS, it will hopefully become another great addition to the beloved lists of annual events held at Freehold Township High School.