The Cologne Challenge Sweeps Through FTHS

Noah+Gomes

Noah Gomes

Noah Gomes, Writer

A new challenge trend is beginning to hit the lives of students here at FTHS, and this challenge is called the “Spray Cologne in Your Mouth Challenge.” It is fairly self-explanatory, as the main concept of the challenge is that you spray cologne (or perfume) into your mouth and record your reaction.

A few other technicalities are involved with the challenge itself, as the participant first states who nominated them to do the challenge. They then show the fragrance to be consumed, spray it, and then — after a few coughs and gags — the challenger will nominate around three people to do the challenge. The challengees have 24 hours after being nominated to accept.

The challenge initially began as the “Spray Cologne in Your Mouth Challenge,” but with more girls doing it and then only having access to perfume, it changed to accommodate all.

Noelle Costagliola

This challenge was actually originated by senior Jesse Garcia here at FTHS. After asking what made him start it, he stated, “I wanted to start a challenge and there was cologne in front of me so I put 2 and 2 together and created history… and yeezys.” Since then, this challenge is really spreading like wildfire.

The amount of people who already took on the challenge is impressive considering it is only about two weeks old, and all those who have yet to do it are waiting for the moment until they get nominated. Although a majority of those who did it are seniors, I’m sure within no time underclassmen will do it as well.

Some may say this challenge is reckless, and others will say that this challenge is the reason poison control was created. Responses have been mixed.

-Lindsay Kaiser: “My warm vanilla sugar did NOT taste like warm vanilla sugar.”

-Eva Poleshuk: “It scarred me. The first squirt, I wasn’t phased by the perfume. So, I did 2 more and quickly began to regret it. It has now been 18 hours since I’ve done the challenge and I still feel a burning sensation of Coco Chanel in my throat.”

Skyla Valoroso

-Avery Cohen: “My doctor said I’ll be dead by 1 pm.”

-Jenna Palmer: “When I first did the cologne challenge, I was surprised at how strong the cologne felt when I sprayed it in my mouth. I feel that participating in this challenge has changed me for the better.”

-Bri Cucinelli: “It was the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. The taste was there for hours and I regret doing it. There’s nothing juicy about Juicy Couture perfume.”

-Josh Benadon: “Yeah I’d say it was an experience, to say the least. I was expecting a bad taste but surprisingly I barely even tasted it but it dried out my mouth within seconds. Pretty gross.”

-Kaitlin Negron: “Ughhh, My mouth tastes like straight up rubbing alcohol (with a hint of white rose).”

-Leah Emmerich: “It was awful. Terrible. I’ve done the cinnamon challenge and this was worse. I need to stop doing these god-awful challenges. I have yet to be twitter famous so what’s the point?”

Lindsay Kaiser

Whether or not the challenge is healthy, or safe at all for that manner, is still unknown. It’s just another thing where kids are being kids, or more accurately, reckless teens are being reckless teens.

The phone number for poison control if needed for any possible, most likely unrelated, reason is 800-222-1222.

*The Patriot Press does not encourage or endorse this challenge; whatever you spray in your mouth is of your own concern.