Meet the Junior BotC Team

Autumn Cataldo, Editor

As November rolls around, everyone is already getting excited and prepared for BotC. Teams have been chosen. Class shirts have been planned out. Students have held lots of practices in preparation. Some students make yet another appearance on this year’s juniors BotC team, meanwhile some students are going out there for their first time. Whether it is their first time, second time or third time competing, they are all very eager to show all of Freehold Township what they have to offer.

This year’s team includes seven girls and seven boys. The girls on the team are Gabby Beam, Julia Roesslerr, Anna Juliano, Monique Amoroso, Gianna Micalizzi, Janine Gasarowski and Laura Noseworthy. The boys representing the team are Bryan Reed, Jake White, Jake Goldberg, Kyle Cleary, Ryan Fiolek, Kyle Melone and James Romeo. A few team members were willing to answer a few questions about this year’s junior team.

thumbnail_fullsizerenderHow did you feel when you found out you were chosen to represent your class?

• Gabby Beam: I feel so honored and privileged to be in BotC. This is my third year being voted in and the class of 2018 has such a great energy and camaraderie that makes the whole experience so incredibly memorable!

• Janine Gasarowski: I was more surprised than anything but also happy that my peers voted for me.

What is your favorite part of preparing for the night?

• Kyle Cleary: My favorite part of preparing for the night is the practices. I enjoy them the most because they are a great way to have fun and use creativity for making the night and dance better.

• Julia Roesslerr: The practices are definitely my favorite because I get to be with so many people and we have so many laughs and inside jokes. We make so many memories during these times.

Which do you feel will be the team’s hardest competition/event of the night?

• Kyle Cleary: The hardest competition of the night I feel will be none because the juniors will win every event including the dance.

• Bryan Reed: I would have to say the dance is the hardest event every year, we struggled heavily last year and will look to turn it around this time .

How do you feel you guys will improve from last year?

• Jake White: First, we won’t be popping off confetti. Also, our dance is looking much better. We are practicing hard and it seems like we are getting everything down.

• Julia Roesslerr: We are working harder on our ideas for the dance this year. There is more participation from everyone when coming up with ideas which makes it easier to put our dance together

What do you feel is the best quality that you bring to your team?

• Gabby Beam: I believe I bring great ideas with choreography having danced and cheered for 14 years.

• Bryan Reed: I think my best quality would be that I’m outgoing and not ashamed of anything. I’m ready to really get into our dance and do stuff that no one would want to do in front of their school.

What is your favorite event of the night?

• Jake White: My favorite event has to be the egg toss. I just love it because it’s a lot of pressure and u have to have some skills in it. Also I’m going for a back to back title this year.

• Janine Gasarowski: I’m looking forward to the dance the most because I think that is the most fun and what the audience gets most into. It’s also what most of our work goes into and seeing the outcome of everything all together makes us feels like we accomplished something. I can’t wait for everyone to see it.

The juniors seem to be hard at work preparing to wow the crowd and make their grade proud. To see the juniors and all of the other classes battle it out, Township’s gymnasium on Tuesday, November 22nd is the time and place to watch it all happen!