Spring Track Press Release

Senior Emily Bracher runs the relay

Andrew Mills/The Star-Ledger

Senior Emily Bracher runs the relay

Alexander Katyal, Writer

Freehold Townships spring boys and girls track seasons have initially begun with many athletes returning after competing in successful winter sports. Starting with the Boys team, mostly consisting of seniors, Athletes Nasir Haines, Kyle and Jason Czajkowski, Tyree Wilson, Terrance Burdge, Alex Shlump, and Shane Laricy look to dominate the competition. The boy’s team is led by History Teacher Mr. Briggs; whom has been involved in the program since 2008. He looks to utilize gold medal winners Nasir Hanes and Tyree Wilson.

Coach Briggs will put his competitors in events where he knows they will be successful. Senior Nasir Haines competes in the 100m and 200m individual sprints as well as the 4×4 relay. Senior Tyree Wilson will run both the 200m and 4×4 relay. Senior Brothers Jason and Kyle Czajkowski, who also dominate on the basketball court, will compete in the 4×4 relay and 800m runs. Senior Terance Burns will compete in the long jumps, triple jumps, and discus activity. Junior Alex Schlump will be throwing shot-put; finally Senior Shane Laricy will throw in the javelin activity.

The boy’s spring track team looks to battle out rivals CBA, Colts Neck, and Howell during the season and also compete in the shore conference tournament at Neptune High School. The team has many individuals who look forward to the season. Junior Alex Shlump stated “I’m ready to throw shot-put this season”; also Senior Shane Laricy said “I’m looking forward to compete in the a-north”.

Looking into Townships girls Track team; they look to be just as deadly as the boys. The girl’s team is coached by History teacher Mr. Shine and again Mr. Briggs. Senior Catie Ross, Junior Ciara Roche, and Senior Emily Bracher are the star competitors for the team. All of them compete in the 4×4 Relays as well as the 400m and 800m runs. The girls look to beat out longtime rival Howell this year and win medals in the Girls Shore Conference Tournament.